Day 1 has passed fairly uneventfully, arriving here at 7.30a.m. from Lima. Another 2.30a.m. start to catch flight - ugh! I met up with a very nice girl at Lima airport who is a Canadian nurse called Karen and subsequently we met the other new recruits - all American except Millie who is Australian - with whom we travelled to Ayacucho. The volunteer house is quite large and Karen and I [being the older ones!] have got our own rooms - yippee!
The volunteer house - my room is top right.
My cosy room overlooking the road
View from my window of the guinnea pigs - lunch perhaps???
Went to watch the Sunday morning parade in the Plaza de Armes which was quite hilarious really as the brass band consisted of just a few young boys with trumpets and a drum but wonderful to see the Peruvian ladies in their Sunday best.
Millie, Karen and me on our first trip into the Plaza [the first of many I suspect]
Ladies in their Sunday finery
The Cathedral in the Plaza de Armes
Nothing much more happening until tomorrow when we get taken on an orientation tour and get told about our placements etc. Having trouble downloading photos but I will persevere until I learn how to do it properly. Weather lovely from mid-day on but rainy every morning I believe. Anything is better than the cold of the UK.
The Spanish collonade in the Plaza de Armes
Road from the Plaza to the market


Wow! Can't believe you're there and blogging already. So cool. More photos please and ones of your house etc xxxx
ReplyDelete