Final destination today - Trancoso on the coast just north of Rio and Sao Paulo. We left Salvador in the rain and arrived an hour or so later in glorious sunshine. At last we thought, we have finally outrun the rain and clouds and have found a haven of sun, sea and sand. How wrong can you get? We had from lunchtime to around 8p.m. of this glorious illusion and then the rain started again and went on most of the night. Today? well, it cleared from time to time - enough for me to get a red face but I think that was probably because of the gale-force wind that is blowing along the beach! Our hotel is, however, absolutely wonderful - just five lovely bungalows set in immaculate gardens full of palms and red and yellow hibiscus and a swimming pool that is straight out of a Conde Nast travel brochure. So lovely to just sit around and relax without thinking about the next tour to go on or plane to catch. I have even abandoned my inspirational book about trekking in the Andes which I have been reading all the time I've been in Peru for a dreadful Jilly Cooper novel, and it's great!
I really am coming to the end of my blog now - there is not much of interest to write about a beach and the sea - and I will miss writing it enormously. I do hope that whoever has been kind enough to read it from time to time has got some enjoyment out of it - even if it is only to view some of the amazing pictures of Peru and beyond. Thankyou all so much for your time and comments - you have made all the hours spent uploading photographs worthwhile.
So long, hasta luego, adios.
Vikki xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With a tear in my eye and an ache in my heart I write to say how much I shall miss reading youR BLOG and to say HASTA LUEGO AND ADIOS, you and your words will surely be missed by your trusty 'followers' we will all await the time when we hear news of your next adventure and resume the broadening of our minds and spirits by reading and absorbing your wise and wonderful words. Hurry home my dear sister your time is up - TE HE ECHADO MUCHO DE MENOS!!! xxx good eh? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteI think I will have "withdrawal problems" having no Vikki blog to look forward to. It has been a vicarious thrill being with you along the way, I really hate for it to come to an end,you need more adventures like this that we can all enjoy.Peter
ReplyDeleteHope the last leg of your trip is restfull & sunny
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see you & speak to you
xx